Saturday, August 15, 2009

How This Recession Changed Real Estate and It's Agents.


"Pushed by recession, millions make dramatic job changes." - USA Today July 31st, 2009
Location, Location....housing market crash.

It seems that over the last 12 months location has had little to do with the value of a person's real estate holdings. If anything the slogan has shifted to Lowball, Lowball, Lowball.

As a licensed real estate agent in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, I have had a lot of time (too much really) to reflect on real estate as a viable career. In particular in a second home and vacation home market in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. As I always tell people, "This isn't a have to kind of place. It's a want to."

Well, lately, people haven't wanted to. That has made it abundantly clear that I needed to start looking for alternative options for income. A friend mentioned internet marketing and the possibility of opening an online store. The thought hadn't really occured to me, but heck I knew a lot about it through my efforts to help my clients sell their homes online. So I decided to do some research.

What I found was pretty shocking. There were a lot of companies out there promising me that I could retire in one month on a six figure salary. Not bad in a huge economic crisis. However, after thorough due diligence most of these online income opportuinties turned out to be just empty promises. Until I found My Internet Business (now known as Your Net Biz).

I knew enough about the psychology of selling to ensure that I didn't fall prey to the flashy hype and selling techniques used by most marketers. That's what first attracted me to My Internet Business and the Mentoring Team they had. They offered to take my marketing and sales skills, adapt them to the internet, and then help me be in profit after about two months. That seemed reasonable.

They have kept their word, and more. I have never seen such a large library of digital products that I can market and sell. Literally thousands, and most of the marketing is free. Now instead of my success being tied to a person trying to decide if they want to live in Colorado or Wyoming, I have a diverse product line. If something isn't selling today, I move on to something else. If I don't know how to market something, the video or written instructions are all right there.

Now, instead of fretting over the rebound of the stock market, I am plugging away each day with new tools and ideas. It's refreshing and, funny enough, turning out to be profitable. I'm still new and not retired yet, and I don't drive a new BMW, but my family won't lose their house this month. Not everyone can say that in today's troubled times.

Who knows, this recession may be just the thing this 36 year old husband and father of two needed to get out of the box.

Click here to learn more about my online business.
Click here to watch a short video of me describing the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to hearing your comments, suggestions, and additional resources.